Tuesday 5 July 2011

EVERY SITUATION IS A CLASSROOM; LEARN!

       With very high hopes I approached a computer one Monday morning and opened to the National Service Scheme official site to check my postings because I had work everything out according to my plan and I had even started an attachment leading to service at Barclays Bank like a month and half ago.
I knew I had put in the right effort to help me attain that place for my national service. As I keyed in my special code,I waited in anxiety to see the fruit of my hard work only for my page to appear and for me to find myself posted to DANTANO L/A JHS-ASUNAFO SOUTH,BRONG AHAFO....OMG! what the hell! I said in utter disappointment.
       I  decided that with every strenght left in me am gonna change this posting because I couldn't see myself 'moving away  from my comfort zone not to talk of going that far away... to TEACH!. I know you are probably laughing by now but trust me it wasn't a joke for me at all,I thought the world had just fallen on me.
      Initially even my mum told me to try and change it because "this one dieeerr no lie',in her own words. After exhausting all efforts and still couldn't change it I was left with the option of either going out there or not doing my service at all....eeiiiii! what was I gonna do?
      Mum realised that I was getting depressed about this whole thing so she intervened just like her sweet self does every time(and at this point am gonna say I love my mum so much;she's the best to ever happen to me).  She sat me me down and really advised me not to worry but take up the service wherever I have been posted to because I have no idea why all my efforts did not materialise and the plans God has for me there.
       She told me to go  there and make the best out of it because I have no idea how many lives I could affect out there and she beleives in me. I was touched so much,grabbed the opportunity and reported at my service post and today I can proudly say  that indeed I made it and am also proud of me.
       Saying it was all rosy would be like telling you Obama is my gate man...never true! There were difficult times but I sailed through ten good months and  have really learnt a lot of things here that some time past I considered irrelevant.
        As a teacher I was automatically responsible for counselling my students when they ever needed my help or when I deemed it appropriate and this really helped bring out the enormous blessing I'm sharing with you now.(motivation).
         Would you be surprised to know that I actually started writing on my blog during this period of my service. I always knew that I had this gift  and I knew how to get the necessary platform to communicate to others but I never actually got the insight to start writing like am doing now.
        At my post I had enough time away from the usual business in Accra to reflect what I can actually do to make a change in someones life and bingo! it occurred to me to start using my knowledge on blogs acquired from school to write out my thoughts and experiences .  
     I know for a fact that I have received a lot of blessing from people I came into contact with and I have also been a blessing to those who came into contact with me during my period of service.
      Using my own situation as an example, I want to encourage you to treat every situation like a classroom and learn something new from it. Never give up on anything even before you start because of how bad it looks from the outside. I encourage you to venture into that situation now! and  be sure to learn something new.
       Need I say much,hoping that all I have said will affect your life greatly one way or the other. May God in his own grace interpret this piece to you and give you a greater insight into it. God bless you.

8 comments:

  1. That is life. We have this false sense of security that we are in total control. I believe our task is to uplift people around us wherever we are and our lives will be fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx alot for reading and your comment.keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this threads on the same ideology of "striking when the rod is hot". we should continually encourage people to make the best of every situation they find themselves in....and they will surely be rewarded.Am glad you are using your personal experience as a source of encouragement to others....God Bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and Authentic...... This is Original and all you....Nobody else will have this tale worldwide!!!! Good Job!!! I actually read it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @cabutt..thanx alot for reading and your comment is very much appreciated.indeed am gonna try as much as i can to share relevant experiences with all my readers just to encourage each other.Keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PNSBAAH...thankx for reading and your constructive criticism.keep it coming and keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #3words,bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @anonymous....amen! and thankx for reading and ya comment.

    ReplyDelete